15 Weeks Lectures
15 weeks full of of hands-on lectures at Udayana University, field trips all across Bali and cultural activites.
1 Week Introduction
The 15-weeks semester program will be proceeded by an introduction week to get to know Bali and your fellow classmates.
Well structured lectures in English, held at Udayana University will provide you with expertise and prepare you for various field trips.
30 Credit Points
During this 15 weeks study program you can achieve up to 30 ECTS credit points awarded by Udayana University in Bali.
Semester Abroad: Tropical Biology & Marine Conservation
Indonesia is well known as being one of the richest countries worldwide in terms of its biodiversity. During this semester abroad in Bali, you will get a deeper insight into the characteristics and peculiarities of the tropical flora and fauna. Be it on campus, on your way home or while exploring Bali: everyday you will be surrounded by typical tropical nature. Several field trips throughout this 16 weeks study program will complete the theoretical lectures given at Udayana University. Biology & Marine Science professors as well as guest lecturers will pass on their expert knowledge in their respective field of expertise.
- Tropical Marine Ecologykeyboard_arrow_down
- Marine Pollutionkeyboard_arrow_down
- Microbiology and Fish Diseasekeyboard_arrow_down
- Tropical Horticulturekeyboard_arrow_down
- Bahasa Indonesiakeyboard_arrow_down
Before the offical start of the semester there will be an introduction week during which you will get to know your fellow classmates, the unique Balinese culture as well as the environment around the campus.
- The introduction week will kick-off with a surf course on Monday morning and a typical Indonesian dinner in the evening.
- On Tuesday we will visit a Balinese family in Payangan where you will learn a lot about the Hindu culture and traditions. The main part of this trip will be a 'Canang Workshop' (a typical offering that is used on a daily basis by the Hindu).
- The following day we will make our way towards north Bali. We will visit the Botanical Garden in Bedugul and have some fun climbing in the trees. In the afternoon we will continue our journey to a small village in the mountains where we will spend the night.
- On the next morning we will trek through rice fields and explore stunning waterfalls. After finishing our trekking tour we will return to Jimbaran area.
- On Friday will be the official opening cermenoy at the university where you will meet your lecturers for the very first time.
This schedule is still subject to change.