Preparations before the semester
Do I need a valid passport to enter Indonesia?
Which visa do I need to study in Bali?
Do I need to bring my own laptop?
Is there dress code in the university?
Where is the best place to stay in Bali?
It is best to simply book a hostel or hotel close to the Sudirman Campus prior to your arrival. Once you have arrived and settled you can decide where to stay for long-term. We have noted down a small guide about students accommodations in Bali.
Is Bali a safe place to visit?
Do I need to make special medical preparations?
Simply check if your vaccination record is up-to-date. If this is not the case, we kindly recommend you to refresh your vaccinations prior to your semester in Bali. In addition, in case you need to take special medications, please bring them with you along with a medical statement from your doctor.
How can I fund my semester in Bali? (for German students only)
- PROMOS – the PROMOS program is a scholarship offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). You have to apply via your university’s international office in order to be able to receive this scholarship. (Get more info about the program here or on the website of your university’s international office: https://www.daad.de/hochschulen/programme-weltweit/mobilitaet/promos/de/23661-promos-programm-zur-steigerung-der-mobilitaet-von-studierenden-deutscher-hochschulen/)
- BAföG – Every German student can apply for the BAföG support for a stay abroad, even though they don’t receive any BAföG support in Germany. The requirements for the BAföG abroad are different then the requirements for the BAföG in Germany and therefore even students who are not eligible for the BAföG in Germany can receive a support while being abroad.
Registration & Application Process
Can I apply after the application deadline?
How do I apply?
CV, motivational letter (in English), a copy of your matriculation proof (not needed for summer courses) and of your passport can be send to admission manager via Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does the semester fee cover?
Can I be certain of beeing accepted in the semester program or summer course?
Yes, you only need to fulfill the minimum requirements, which in most of our destinations are minimum age of 18 and sufficient English skills. With the semester program or summer course you don’t need to be enrolled at a university.
When do I have to pay the tuition fee?
To secure your place for your summer course or semester abroad at the University of Udayana you need to pay the registration fee (50 Euro/60 USD) first.
After you paid your registration fee you can pay your tuition fee for the semester abroad program or summer course via Bank Transfer or PayPal. We recommend to pay the tuition fee 12 weeks before the start of the program.
When is the latest date of payment of the tuition fee?
How can I pay the tuition fee?
What happens after I paid the tuition fee?
After you paid the tuition fee, we will send you an email with the status change and a confirmation of enrollment.
How come the study confirmation is so quick?
The university of Udayana has granted us the right to process and accept applications on their behalf. It’s our policy to not keep students waiting, but process the applications quickly and let the students know they have been accepted as soon as possible.
Which visa do I need to study in Bali?
Where can I apply for my Visa?
After your stay in Bali
How long can I stay in Bali after my studies?
The stay permit guidelines in Indonesia are very strict. For this reason we recommend that you ask the embassy officials about possible residency restrictions that may apply to people traveling under student visas.
These are the standard student visa regulations in Indonesia:
- Validity: 60 days after arrival
- Extension: can be extended up to 4 times every 30 days
- Costs: 45 Euro
- Cost of extension in Bali: starting from 750.000 IDR via private agency, 380.000 IDR non-agency assistance extension
This guideline helps you through the visa application. However, we highly suggest you to re check the information and visit the Indonesian Embassy’s website of your capital or call them directly.
When will I receive my Transcript of Records?
It takes up to 4 months to get the transcript of records from the courses you have taken. The university of Udayana is responsible for the transcript of records. We send the transcript of records out as soon as they arrive to our office. Please contact us if, for some reason, you are in a hurry to get your transcript. If you have a new address, please inform us immediately.
More info needed?
If that wasn’t much of a help and your questions are more specific, please, don’t hesitate to contact us!